So Mr W has finally started his health kick!
Now don’t get me wrong, he’s a pretty clean eater, but lately -I’m not sure what’s happened – he’s gone all protein pancake on me!!
He’s been creating lots of clean stuff in the kitchen and the other morning I came downstairs to him in the middle of making some Blueberry Protein Muffins…!
Admittedly, he replaced some of the ingredients with other stuff, but, ultimately – I was really surprised at the end result – and it only took about 5 minutes to make!
I’ll leave you to have a read of the ingredients and let you give it a try yourself rather than try and convince you!
Hope you enjoy!
You will need:
– ¾ cup frozen blueberries
– 2 tablespoons flaxseed
– 1 tablespoon chia seed
– 1 1/2 tsp honey
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– pinch of sea salt
1. Grease a large microwave-safe mug with half of the coconut oil.
2. Crack egg into mug, and stir with a fork until beaten.
3. Stir in honey, vanilla extract, salt, coconut oil, flaxseed and chia seed until blended into a “batter.”
4. Gently fold in the blueberries.
5. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Check consistency. If it hasn’t “set,” put it back in for 30-60 more seconds.
6. Turn the mug upside down over a small plate and gently tap the bottom so that the muffin falls onto the plate. Top with some more blueberries and a drizzle of honey or eat it out of the mug!