So, you’ve decided to give up on dairy, but you want to a non dairy milk alternative to enjoy.
There are so many dairy free milk alternatives in the shops, some with unprononcable ingredients and some with sugar added, so I’ve decided to send you a home made dairy milk alternative that’s sugar free and really simple to make.
Take a look!
This recipe makes 3 cups and you can use whichever nuts or seeds you fancy!
- ½ cup raw nuts/seeds (almonds, walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, or sesame seeds)
- 2 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Soak nuts/seeds for about 8 hours (optional, but recommended).
- Get rid of soaking water & rinse nuts/seeds.
- Add the soaked nuts/seeds and 2 cups water to a high-speed blender and blend on high for about one minute until very smooth.
- Strain through a small sieve with 2 layers of cheesecloth.
- Squeeze if you need to.
Why not double up on the ingredients and store the milk in an airtight container? It will keep in the fridge for up to 7 days.